March 9, 2015

Anemones--Under the Water (part 1)

Anthropologie sea world windows New York Anthropologie sea world windows, New York
Have you ever thought you wanted to see an idea in your head come to fruition only to say to yourself that I am in over my head?  What do I do now? Who's going to help me see this through. That's the way I fee right now.  I've never seen a blog that has increments to it...you know, like those t.v. programs that titillate you for that awaited scene and let you down with the "stay tune for next weeks episode".

Well, my inspiration was from the store front of Anthropologie.  As you know, they have the greatest window displays I have ever seen--and I wanted to mimic that because our kids love underwater animals.  So several elements from Anthropologie are going to being used. We will start from our beginning, and hopefully titillate you for the ultimate craft to be revealed (when?, good question).

I loved the idea of using all those toilet rolls from http://erikaceous.org/another-anemone-anomaly/. The parent that donated all those rolls will be absolutely amazed.


There were way to many toilet rolls.  


We are using cool colors at this table...


and at this table.


Onward to warm colors here...


and here.


Here is the collection still needing processing.


The brave ones tackled the tedious cutting.


This is the final product. Beautiful! Don't you agree?


Supplies:
1. toilet rolls
2. paint in various colors (could time to practice blending colors)
3. scissors

Directions:
1. paint toilet rolls inside and out
2. let rolls dry
3. cut thin strips halfway down and around toilet roll
4. bend strips outward

Duration:
This process took two days





No comments:

Post a Comment