October 14, 2017

Apology


To the readers of this blog, I owe you an apology.  I do not know to whom this letter will go out to.  My blog (Google+) was tampered with and the viewers dropped from the thousands to two without prior notification.  Also the teacher I was following dropped, nonetheless I am posting this message.
I promised a big reveal with the 2.5 month recycling project in 2015.  It really was a beautiful mural that the kids participated in; and I am sure whoever visited the day care center evidenced this work put into this project.  All the parts to this mural was documented in this blog.  The only thing missing was the culminating pictures to this end of the year project. Events occurred in my life in which I had to leave the field of childcare, as holding this job could not sustain my day to day living.  Rent sky-rocketed here in Seattle and left me no choice but to abandon this field.  

I found a flyer at a college for a summer course in central processing which was a precursor for those pursing a surgical technician course.  This course was only for two months with a very short externship.  I jumped in and completed the course and took the four (4) hour exam.  Since the externship was not long, a friend who worked in the field knew the manager at a hospital and a volunteer position was opened for me so that I could gain more experience.  I now work at Swedish Medical Center in Ballard.  I love this job, and if you read the short blurb I have on Linkedin.com you will know the reason why.

Again to you, I apologized that I did not keep my word in posting the final project.  My goal in having the blog was to eventually make a book because at times it is hard for new teachers to come up with ideas for crafts every day.  To have a central place (a dedicated book) without scouring the Internet every year was a means for me to introduce crafts already tried, especially the ones that were exciting and successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment